Anatomy of the reed
Each musician or beginner, who is going to learn to play on armenian duduk, first of all must study the reed, but more exactly, to learn from what parts the reed consists.
This will relieve the most further study of the material, where the names of these details are often mentioned during the process.for example " move the bridle to the cap " or "put the cap on its place" and so on...
From this small article you will learn from what parts the reed consists , for what they are used and what role they play.
So, the reed includes the following details: body, cap, bridle, thread and leather bit.
And now let's take all these details under microscope...
1. Body - on which all the details are put.
2. Bridle -it helps to adjust duduk (regulator of the sound)
3. Cap -it tightly closes the mouth of the reed and protects from casual blow.
4. Leather pieces -they close the schisms and allow the reed to vibrate easily.
5. Thread -it helps the reed to sit on its place on the duduk tightly and comfortably
Please, study the photo attentively,everything is shown on the photo and try to remember the name of these details Arthur Grigoryan